An overview of some of the exceptional programming we offer students:
- Humanities Academy: Multidisciplinary course of study rooted in the theoretical and methodological principles of Design Thinking; culminates in a capstone research project and public presentation on the student's chosen topic of interest.
- Music Education and Performance: Curricular and extra-curricular programs in symphonic band, wind ensemble, orchestra, concert choir, marching band, jazz band, jazz voice ensemble, and women’s glee club. Students have access to a range of performance options, including concerts, competitions, showcases, and honor ensembles.
- Peer Group Connection: Accredited leadership program designed by the Princeton Center for Learning; student leaders are carefully selected and trained to provide peer mentoring and facilitate discussions about healthy choices and life skills with younger students.
- STEM Academy: Highly selective, four-year program (by application only) that offers students specialized instruction, field experience, professional mentoring, and co-curricular activities in a number of pathways: Biomedicine, Engineering, Architecture, Environmental Sustainability, Computer Science, Mathematics and General STEM.
- Technology Education—Communication and Media Studies: Integrated studies in media history, theory, research and management with production work in film, audio, video, and digital media; course of study includes photographic imaging, graphic design, broadcasting (TV and radio), and filmmaking. Morristown High School has a student-run public radio station, WJSV (90.5 FM; WJSVFM.com), as well as a television studio, where students produce the biweekly Colonial Corner, available on YouTube.
- Technology Education—Engineering and Design: Focus area based on the DIY or Maker movement, drawing on open-source methods and innovative technology; coursework in Computer Assisted Design (CAD), engineering, architecture, robotics, alternative energy and sustainable design.
- Theatre Arts: Coursework in acting and in public speaking; audition-only production of a yearly dramatic or comedic work (fall) and musical (spring), offering ancillary opportunities in set design, hair and makeup, costuming, lighting, sound, publicity, and playbill copywriting, editing, and layout.